- Safety: 30-minute fire resistance (France and Belgium)
- Safety: hooks to prevent panels from falling if completely opening a ceiling frame
- Acoustics: high degree of correction, absorption factor αw up to 1
- Opening: wide access to the plenum
Related system :
Self-supporting panel on Omega bandraster system, fire-resistant PM8 SF Hook-On [PLAFOMETAL-SC-130]
Caracteristics & Performance
- αw up to 0.80 with the ALPHA range
- αw up to 1 with the ALPHA PLUS range
Check out our video "Acoustic metal ceilings" in our Learning Center.
- ALPHA offer: black acoustic fleece bonded to the back of perforated ceilings.
- ALPHA PLUS offer: encapsulated insulating wool to put on the back of perforated ceilings.
Acoustic performances of ceilings are guaranteed for products defined, controled and entirely delivered by Plafometal.
- Up to 87%.
According to EN 13501-1 :
- Euroclass A1 for the prepainted non-perforated
- Euroclass A1 for the prepainted in the ALPHA range
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for non-perforated powder post-painted
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for powder post-painted in the ALPHA range
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for the product in the ALPHA PLUS range
- Pm8 Fire-resistant versions offers fire-resistance performance of FS 1/4 h and FS 1/2 h pursuant to the test described in Appendix 1. £ 2.5 of the Regulation of March 22, 2004, and meet applicable French fire regulations for shared-use corridor inside high-rise buildings.
- The fire-resistant panels and edge profiles must be installed in conformity with applicable classification reports and appendices. Please contact us.
- Fire-resistant Pm8 offers fire-resistance performance of FS 1/2 h pursuant to the test according to the Belgian NBN 713-020 standard and meets applicable Belgian fire regulations for escape routes, areas accessible to the public and collective kitchens.
- The panels and edge profiles must be installed in conformity with applicable classification reports and appendices. Please contact us.
Our metal ceilings and wall panels have been tested with three types of disinfection chemicals recommended by the World Health Organization against the main viruses, including COVID-19: sodium hypochlorite 2.5%, hydrogen peroxide 6% and ethanol 70%.
Test methods include long or repeated exposures to these chemicals. The results are evaluated according to the standard exposition EN 12720 and the standard disinfection and wet abrasion ISO 11998 (tests carried out with a microfibre cloth).
All metal ceilings are resistant to these three disinfectants. However we recommend some product depending on the use:
- Sodium hypochlorite 2,5%: OK for all ceilings (no visual change)
- Hydrogen peroxide 6%: only black powder-coated ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
- Ethanol 70%: only white prepainted and wood finish ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
This is valid for all products (steel and aluminum, prepainted and powder coated, with acoustic complement).
Environment and health
- Our ceilings can be fully recycled over an indefinite period of time.
- They are sustainable, easy to maintain, produce no dust, particles or vapor, are inert and odor-free.
- They do not promote microbial growth and do not emit any VOCs or formaldehyde.
- DoP No.: @@MARQUAGE_CE@@
Indoor Air Quality
The products are classified:
- A+ for all the products non-perforated
- A+ for all the products in the ALPHA range
- A+ for all the products in the ALPHA PLUS range, with a specific mineral wool pad in this plastic film
Installation & Cleaning
Type of installation
- Framed installation, fire resistant
- Installation according to DTU 58.1
- Framed installation : for a fire-resistant installation, refer to the "Fire-resistant PM8 hook-on panels on bandrasters" installation guide and always consult the fire classification report available on request.
Disassembling for access to the plenum
- By lifting an edge of the panel in the grid.
Colors & Dimensions
- Galvanized steel 0.6 mm thick.
Colors and finishes
- White 137 (~ RAL 9003) - polyester prepainted.
- Metallic Grey (RAL 9006) available on request - polyester prepainted.
- 180 RAL colors available on request - polyester powder coating.
Perforations on steel
- 11% Ø1.5 M
- 22% Ø1.5 M
- 10% Ø2.5 M
- 12% Ø2.5 U
- 16% Ø2.5 U
- 23% Ø2.5 M
- Width: 300
- Length on request (min. 900 – max. 2,420 mm)
- Height 43.5 mm.
- Max. self-supporting capacity: 2,420 mm.
Cut outs and integrations
- The ceiling should not support any loads other than its own weight. For further details, refer to the installation guide or contact us..
A day-to-day support
At Plafometal, we support our customers on a daily basis through each step of a construction project. Following the whole project, from the building owner’s request to the delivery, we provide our customers with all advice and recommendations they may need.