- Installation: wide center spacings and individually removable panels
- Outdoors: mechanical strength and corrosion resistance for fitting beneath canopies
- Acoustics: high degree of correction, absorption factor αw up to 1
Related system :
Clipped linear panel on concealed grid system, PM300 OUTDOOR [PLAFOMETAL-LC-210E]
Caracteristics & Performance
- αw up to 1 with the ALPHA PLUS range (specific mineral wool pad in thin plastic film)
Check out our video "Acoustic metal ceilings" in our Learning Center.
- ALPHA PLUS offer: encapsulated insulating wool to put on the back of perforated ceilings.
Acoustic performances of ceilings are guaranteed for products defined, controled and entirely delivered by Plafometal.
- Up to 87%.
According to EN 13501-1:
- Euroclass A1 for prepainted non-perforated products.
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for perforated ALPHA PLUS prepainted products and powder coated products
Our metal ceilings and wall panels have been tested with three types of disinfection chemicals recommended by the World Health Organization against the main viruses, including COVID-19: sodium hypochlorite 2.5%, hydrogen peroxide 6% and ethanol 70%. Test methods include long or repeated exposures to these chemicals. The results are evaluated according to the standard exposition EN 12720 and the standard disinfection and wet abrasion ISO 11998 (tests carried out with a microfibre cloth). All metal ceilings are resistant to these three disinfectants. However we recommend some product depending on the use:
- Sodium hypochlorite 2,5%: OK for all ceilings (no visual change)
- Hydrogen peroxide 6%: only black powder-coated ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
- Ethanol 70%: only white prepainted and wood finish ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
This is valid for all products (steel and aluminum, prepainted and powder coated, with acoustic complement).
Resistance to bending
En extérieur pour tenue au vent, selon Eurocodes 0, 1, 3 et 9 :
- Utiliser les versions PM300-HR (qualité matière haute résistance) permet d’avoir des entraxes entre porteurs I-HR possibles jusqu’à 2100 mm selon les caractéristiques d’implantation du projet et degré d’exposition au vent.
- Nous contacter afin de connaitre les entraxes à prévoir selon la tenue mécanique de la qualité matière sélectionnée en nous indiquant le degré d’exposition au vent et à la corrosion selon les caractéristiques d’implantation du projet.
Environment and health
- Our ceilings can be fully recycled over an indefinite period of time.
- They are sustainable, easy to maintain, produce no dust, particles or vapor, are inert and odor-free.
- They do not promote microbial growth and do not emit any VOCs or formaldehyde.
- DoP No.: 0007-200.
Indoor Air Quality
The products are classified:
- A+ for all the products non-perforated
- A+ for all the products in the ALPHA PLUS range, with a specific mineral wool pad in this plastic film
Installation & Cleaning
Type of installation
- Pose clippée en extérieur
- Installation outdoors according to the installation guide.
Disassembling for access to the plenum
- Open the panel by inserting a special tool to push the H clip and release the individual panel. For further details, please refer to the installation guide or contact us.
Installation is simplified by allowing for large center spacings, removing the need for a main runner and using carriers without interval requirements. High-Resistance I-carriers and High-Resistance slide hangers from 4mm thick stainless steel allow for the following maximum configuration:
- Hanger center spacing of 1,800mm and carrier center spacing of 2,100mm (valid for a wind velocity pressure of 500N/m2).
In all cases, the ceiling must be protected from rain and runoff water.
Colors & Dimensions
- High Resistance Galvanized steel 0.6 mm thick
- HIgh Resistance Aluminum 0.7 mm thick.
Colors and finishes
- White 137 (~ RAL 9003) - polyester prepainted steel.
- Structured textured White 137 (~ RAL 9003) - polyester prepainted high-resistance steel.
- Ultra Matt White (~ RAL 9010) - prepainted high-resistance aluminum
- RAL 9006 metallic grey - polyester prepainted steel.
- 180 RAL colors available on request - Polyester powder coating.
- Other colors on request upon quantities - polyester prepainted aluminum
Perforations on steel
- 11% Ø1.5 M
- 22% Ø1.5 M
- 10% Ø2.5 M
- 23% Ø2.5 M
- Widths: 300 mm.
- Length on request (min. 900 – max. 6,000 mm).
- Height 33 mm.
Cut outs and integrations
- Performed on site
A day-to-day support
At Plafometal, we support our customers on a daily basis through each step of a construction project. Following the whole project, from the building owner’s request to the delivery, we provide our customers with all advice and recommendations they may need.