- Installation: wide center spacings and individually removable panels
- Acoustics: high degree of correction, absorption factor αw up to 1
Related system :
Clipped linear panel on concealed grid system, PM300 Indoor [PLAFOMETAL-LC-210]
Caracteristics & Performance
- αw up to 0.85 with the ALPHA range
- αw up to 1 with the ALPHA PLUS range
Check out our video "Acoustic metal ceilings" in our Learning Center.
- ALPHA offer: black acoustic fleece bonded on the back of perforated ceilings.
- ALPHA PLUS offer: two options of acoustic inlays are possible. The surfaced insulating wool for optimal performances or encapsulated insulating wool to avoid fibers.
Acoustic performances of ceilings are guaranteed for products defined, controled and entirely delivered by Plafometal.
- Up to 87%.
According to EN 13501-1:
- Euroclass A1 for prepainted non-perforated products and prepainted ALPHA products.
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for perforated ALPHA PLUS prepainted products and powder coated products
Our metal ceilings and wall panels have been tested with three types of disinfection chemicals recommended by the World Health Organization against the main viruses, including COVID-19: sodium hypochlorite 2.5%, hydrogen peroxide 6% and ethanol 70%. Test methods include long or repeated exposures to these chemicals. The results are evaluated according to the standard exposition EN 12720 and the standard disinfection and wet abrasion ISO 11998 (tests carried out with a microfibre cloth). All metal ceilings are resistant to these three disinfectants. However we recommend some product depending on the use:
- Sodium hypochlorite 2,5%: OK for all ceilings (no visual change)
- Hydrogen peroxide 6%: only black powder-coated ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
- Ethanol 70%: only white prepainted and wood finish ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
This is valid for all products (steel and aluminum, prepainted and powder coated, with acoustic complement).
Environment and health
- Our ceilings can be fully recycled over an indefinite period of time.
- They are sustainable, easy to maintain, produce no dust, particles or vapor, are inert and odor-free.
- They do not promote microbial growth and do not emit any VOCs or formaldehyde.
- DoP No.: @@MARQUAGE_CE@@
Indoor Air Quality
The products are classified:
- A+ for all the products non-perforated
- A+ for all the products in the ALPHA range
- A+ for all the products in the ALPHA PLUS range, with a specific mineral wool pad in this plastic film
- A for all the products in the ALPHA PLUS range, with a specific mineral wool pad with black tissue face
Installation & Cleaning
- Installation indoor according to DTU 58.1
- Indoor clip-in installation: simplified by allowing for large center spacings, removing the need for a main runner and using carriers without interval requirements.
High-Resistance I-carriers and High-Resistance slide hangers from 2.5mm thick stainless steel allow for the following maximum configurations:
- Hanger center spacing of 1,800mm and carrier center spacing of 2,100mm.
- Hanger center spacing of 2,400mm and carrier center spacing of 1,200mm.
- Installation in humid environments: the system is not compatible with chlorine environments.
Disassembling for access to the plenum
- Open the panel by inserting a special tool to push the H clip and release the individual panel. For further details, please refer to the installation guide or contact us.
Colors & Dimensions
- Galvanized steel 0.6 mm
Colors and finishes
- White 137 (~ RAL 9003) - polyester prepainted steel.
- RAL 9006 metallic grey - polyester prepainted steel.
- 180 RAL colors available on request - Polyester powder coating.
- Other colors on request upon quantities - polyester prepainted aluminum
Perforations on steel
- 11% Ø1.5 M
- 22% Ø1.5 M
- 10% Ø2.5 M
- 23% Ø2.5 M
- Widths: 300 mm.
- Length on request (min. 900 – max. 6,000 mm).
- Height 33 mm.
Cut outs and integrations
- Performed on site
A day-to-day support
At Plafometal, we support our customers on a daily basis through each step of a construction project. Following the whole project, from the building owner’s request to the delivery, we provide our customers with all advice and recommendations they may need.