- Aesthetics: ceiling with a monolithic aspect
- Acoustics: high degree of correction, absorption factor αw up to 1
- Opening: secure access to the plenum (requiring use of a disassembly tool)
Related system :
Clip-in tile on concealed grid system MONOBAC [PLAFOMETAL-SC-230]
Caracteristics & Performance
- αw up to 0.80 with the ALPHA range
- αw up to 1 with the ALPHA PLUS range
Check out our video "Acoustic metal ceilings" in our Learning Center.
- ALPHA offer: black acoustic fleece bonded to the back of perforated ceilings.
- ALPHA PLUS offer: encapsulated insulating wool to put on the back of perforated ceilings.
Acoustic performances of ceilings are guaranteed for products defined, controled and entirely delivered by Plafometal.
- Up to 87%.
According to EN 13501-1 :
- Euroclass A1 for the prepainted non-perforated
- Euroclass A1 for the prepainted in the ALPHA range
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for non-perforated powder post-painted
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for powder post-painted in the ALPHA range
- Euroclass A2-s1, d0 for the product in the ALPHA PLUS range
Our metal ceilings and wall panels have been tested with three types of disinfection chemicals recommended by the World Health Organization against the main viruses, including COVID-19: sodium hypochlorite 2.5%, hydrogen peroxide 6% and ethanol 70%.
Test methods include long or repeated exposures to these chemicals. The results are evaluated according to the standard exposition EN 12720 and the standard disinfection and wet abrasion ISO 11998 (tests carried out with a microfibre cloth).
All metal ceilings are resistant to these three disinfectants. However we recommend some product depending on the use:
- Sodium hypochlorite 2,5%: OK for all ceilings (no visual change)
- Hydrogen peroxide 6%: only black powder-coated ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
- Ethanol 70%: only white prepainted and wood finish ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
This is valid for all products (steel and aluminum, prepainted and powder coated, with acoustic complement).
Environment and health
- Our ceilings can be fully recycled over an indefinite period of time.
- They are sustainable, easy to maintain, produce no dust, particles or vapor, are inert and odor-free.
- They do not promote microbial growth and do not emit any VOCs or formaldehyde.
- DoP No.: 0007-200.
Indoor Air Quality
The products are classified:
- A+ for all the products non-perforated
- A+ for all the products in the ALPHA range
- A+ for all the products in the ALPHA PLUS range, with a specific mineral wool pad in this plastic film
Installation & Cleaning
Type of installation
- Framed installation
- Outdoor installation
- Installation according to DTU 58.1
- Framed installation : D5110 T-section secondary profiles feature 600 mm center spacings. They are connected with AC510 folding hangers to U1029 main runners fitted perpendicularly with 1200 mm centers. Main runners are hung with 1200 mm centers using AC21 flanges + nuts/6 mm dia. threaded rods.
- Outdoor installation: with AC511 safety brackets, subject to conditions. Contact us for details about the center spacings for the chosen metal tile and specify the degree of wind and corrosion exposure depending on the project's installation specifications. The contractor is responsible for submitting its plan to the client for approval..
Colors & Dimensions
- Galvanized steel 0.5 mm thick.
- Aluminum 0.6 mm thick on request.
Colors and finishes
- White 137 (~ RAL 9003) - polyester prepainted.
- Metallic Grey (RAL 9006) available on request - polyester prepainted.
- 180 RAL colors available on request - polyester powder coating.
Perforations on steel
- 11% Ø1.5 M
- 22% Ø1.5 M
- 10% Ø2.5 M
- 12% Ø2.5 U (only with perforations that stop short on the four sides)
- 16% Ø2.5 U (only with perforations that stop short on the four sides)
- 23% Ø2.5 M
- 46% 5.5x5.5 U (only in 600*600 mm)
- 11% 61x4 U (non stored)
- 600 x 600 mm with beveled edges on four sides.
- 600 x 1,200, other dimensions on request.
- Sharp edges on request.
Cut outs and integrations
- Bespoke factory cut-outs on request.
A day-to-day support
At Plafometal, we support our customers on a daily basis through each step of a construction project. Following the whole project, from the building owner’s request to the delivery, we provide our customers with all advice and recommendations they may need.