- Acoustics: high degree of correction, absorption factor αw up to 1
- Impact resistance: tested according to standard NF P 08-301
- Aesthetics: wide choice of perforations and colors
Related system :
ACOUSTIROC® wall panel system [PLAFOMETAL-WP-110]
Caracteristics & Performance
- Orion: αw= 1 NRC : 0,95
- Infinity: αw= 0.95 NRC : 0,90
- Astral: αw= 0.95 NRC : 0,90
The inlay comprises an acoustic fleece and a 40 mm thick stone wool panel.
According to EN 13501-1 :
- Euroclasse A2-s1, d0
Our metal ceilings and wall panels have been tested with three types of disinfection chemicals recommended by the World Health Organization against the main viruses, including COVID-19: sodium hypochlorite 2.5%, hydrogen peroxide 6% and ethanol 70%.
Test methods include long or repeated exposures to these chemicals. The results are evaluated according to the standard exposition EN 12720 and the standard disinfection and wet abrasion ISO 11998 (tests carried out with a microfibre cloth).
All metal ceilings are resistant to these three disinfectants. However we recommend some product depending on the use:
- Sodium hypochlorite 2,5%: OK for all ceilings (no visual change)
- Hydrogen peroxide 6%: only black powder-coated ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
- Ethanol 70%: only white prepainted and wood finish ceilings show minor visual change ; no visual change on other ceilings
This is valid for all products (steel and aluminum, prepainted and powder coated, with acoustic complement).
Impact resistance certificate
The Acoustiroc® panels have been tested according to standard NF P 08-301.
- Soft body impact test (50kg bag): withstands up to 400 J
- Tennis ball impact test: withstands up to a ball speed of 180 kph
Environment and health
- The aluminum and steel are indefinitely and 100% recyclable.
- Mineral wool is recyclable and the vast majority of the production scrap is recycled.
- These products are sustainable, easy to maintain, produce no dust, particles or vapor, are inert and odor-free.
- They do not promote microbial growth and do not emit any VOCs or formaldehyde.
Indoor Air Quality
- Class A (France)
- Label M1 (Finland)
Installation & Cleaning
Type of installation
- Vertical or horizontal wall-mounting
- There are several types of installation, refer to the "Acoustiroc® installation guide" (paper or video) for further information.
- Discover our new videos of vertical and horizontal installation.
Colors & Dimensions
- 0.8 mm thick postpainted galvanized steel panel.
- 1.5 mm thick postpainted aluminum profile.
Colors and finishes
- A range of 12 modern colors is available, inspired by current trends and with a high-end Soft Touch finish : see our dedicated brochure.
Textured finish for all colors except "Blanc Pur" and "Vert Anis".
Perforations on steel
Acoustiroc® ORION : 25% Ø3 to 7 (rond, iregular) - αw= 1 - NRC= 0,95
Acoustiroc® INFINITY : 11% Ø1,5 (rond, regular ) - αw= 0,95 - NRC = 0,90
Acoustiroc® ASTRAL : 17% Ø2,5 (rond, regular ) - αw= 0,95 - NRC = 0,90
- Width : 790 mm
- Height : standard = 2700 mm (between 2100 and 3900 mm on request)
- Thickness : 40 mm
Cut outs and integrations
- Panels can be cut at the worksite to accommodate various fittings. The contractor must take care to ensure that the cut edges are covered (by the fitting or profiles) ..
A day-to-day support
At Plafometal, we support our customers on a daily basis through each step of a construction project. Following the whole project, from the building owner’s request to the delivery, we provide our customers with all advice and recommendations they may need.